The site Pocket Gamer performed its award for the best mobile games of 2020, Mobile Games Awards. The award was a mixture of popular vote and editors' choice.
The event was not broadcast, but according to the website, more than 250 professionals from different companies participated.
Not too many surprises, Call of Duty Mobile won “2020 Game of the Year”. Interestingly, in the public's choice, the winner was Sky: Children of Light.
In the award, best narrative, won an iOS exclusive, which I didn't know, but I intend to know, Telling lies. The game features guest appearances by celebrities such as Angela Sarafyan (Westworld), Logan Marshall-Green (Spider-man Homecoming), Kerry Bishé (Halt and Catch Fire) and Alexandra Shipp (X-Men: Dark Phoenix). The game still has Sam Barlow at the helm, author of games like Her Story and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
See here is the complete list of winners:
- Game of the Year – Call of Duty: Mobile;
- Pocket Gamer People’s Choice – Sky: Children of Light;
- Best Audio/Visual Achievement – Black Desert Mobile;
- Best Narrative – Telling Lies;
- Best Live Trades – Empires & Puzzles;
- Best Mobile Sports – Clash Royale;
- Best party game – Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes;
- Best developer – TiMi Studios?
- Best Independent Developer – Starberry Games;
- Best Publisher – Scopely;
- Best Game Engine – Unity;
- Best tool supplier – AppOnBoard;
- Best analytics/data tool – App Annie;
- Best GAAS technology tool – ChilliConnect;
- Best innovation – Apple Arcade;
- Best advertising and UA – Facebook;
- Best Marketing Team – Rovio Entertainment;
- Best Quality Control and Localization Service Provider – Universally Speaking;
- Best Recruitment Agency – Aardvark Swift;
- Best Service Provider – SuperScale;
- Rising Star – Simay Dinc (founder of Women in Games Turkey);
- Lenda Mobile – Bernard Kim (president of Zynga).
Also check out our “awards” in the best games of 2020 post.