A Lenovo recently announced the Legion phone duel, a gaming smartphone that comes to compete for Asus ROG Phone 3, Xiaomi Black Shark 3 and Nubia Red Magic 5G.
Surely the smartphone gamers market is getting more and more interesting. And with a new competitor like Legion Phone Duel, players will be able to get the most out of their smartphone by playing at over 120 frames per second.
See device settings:
- 6,59-inch screen with 19,5:9 aspect ratio and Full HD+ resolution (2340x1080p)
- AMOLED technology panel with HDR10+ certification
- 144 Hz refresh rate and 240 Hz sample rate
- Snapdragon 865 Plus Platform with 5G
- Eight-core processor clocked up to 3.1 GHz and Adreno 650 GPU
- 8GB, 12GB and 16GB of LPDDR5 RAM
- 256GB and 512GB of UFS 3.1 storage
- 20 MP retractable front camera positioned on the side
- Two rear cameras
- 64 MP main sensor
- 16 MP sensor with wide-angle lens
- 5.000mAh battery (two 2.500mAh) with support for 90W fast charging
- AWINIC 88264 stereo speakers
- Two USB-C ports (support video streaming)
- Android 10 com interface Legion OS
- Dimensions of 169.17 x 78.48 x 9.9 mm
- Weight of 239 grams
All designed for gamers, the Legion Phone Duel has unusual design choices that will make a lot of people wonder about using the device on a daily basis.
Who is this type of smartphone for?
These companies that invest in smartphone gamers are actually investing in the mobile game streaming market. They want their devices in the hands of influencers and pro-players. Did you understand?
It may seem like an unnecessary purchase for those who will use the smartphone on a daily basis, but for professional gamers, aficionados and content producers it makes perfect sense. Anyone who has the money to invest in a smartphone like this can certainly buy another smartphone that is simpler for everyday use.
But if before it was necessary to “sell a kidney” to buy a gamer smartphone, nowadays there are options that are not cheap, but also not absurdly more expensive than an iPhone, for example. And manufacturers have forced the price of such devices further and further down.
O Legion phone duel came designed in that line of thinking. It is a device with Snapdragon 865 Plus, that is, the most powerful today with 144Hz screen, but “only” 8 GB of RAM. This is in the “entry” version, which costs “measly” (by the standards out there) US$ 500 dollars (around R$ 2.600).
– Weird but functional design for games
By international standards, the Legion Phone Duel is the cheapest smartphone with a 144HZ display today. However, it is necessary to pay attention to the “strange” design, which will “aggress” those looking for a “normal” cell phone.
The front camera is positioned on the "side" (it is retractable) and the rear cameras are in the "middle" of the device's housing. See how bizarre.
But all this is justified at the time of the game. The device is made for gaming and livestreaming. The camera is in the ideal position so that your fingers don't get in the way, and neither does it get in the way of your fingers.
Other key features of Lenovo Legion Phone Duel:
- Liquid cooled tubes.
- Dock to mirror the screen and support for controls, mouse and keyboard.
- Supports Wi-Fi 6 and 5G.
- Touch triggers on the side (like the ones on the ROG Phone).
- Lenovo U-Engine dual X-axis vibration
- 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage: CNY 3.499 (R$ 2.600)
- 12 GB of RAM and 128 GB of storage: CNY 3.899 (R$ 2.841)
- 12 GB of RAM and 256 GB of storage: CNY 4.199 (R$ 3.788)
- 16 GB of RAM and 512 GB of storage: CNY 5.999 (R$ 4.371)
Release forecast? The Legion Phone Duel is expected to arrive in Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America later this year, but there are no plans to launch in the US and Spain.